Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Fried Hokkien Mee - 抢摊大行动 (Buzzing Cashier)

After watching 抢摊大行动 (Buzzing Cashier) on channel 8 , I decided to try out the winning Fried Hokkien Mee. In a way, I want to lend my support to the single mother and another, because I'm a fan of Chef Eric. A chinese paper reported that the mother didn't want to take up the offer initially when approached by the TV station because she didn't have the confident. But a few coaxing later, she decided to give it a try. I'm glad she did.

Upon reaching Blk 127 Toa Payoh Lor 1 #02-19 at 3pm, I queued for 30mins just to taste the Fried Hokkien Mee. The queue was never-ending....people just kept coming so much so that the drink stall ran out of sugarcane juice (from serving the customers who turned up to try the noodle).

I ordered beehoon. They didn't look like the one on the signboard...I guess I turned up too late...they must have ran out of la la or mussels. I love the yummy chili sauce and the dark sauce in the beehoon. There's fresh seafood taste yet not over-powering, not too saltish nor blend. This is indeed Fried Hokkien Mee with a twist. I'm not sure about you...but I'm going back for more :p I heard that they open at 7am but start selling at 8am....go early if you want full ingredients. You can order the $3 or $3.50 plate (I went for the $3.50).



Address: Blk 127 Toa Payoh Lor 1, #02-19
Opening time: 8am
Price: $3 or $3.50
Take bus 231 from Toa Payoh Interchange


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment