Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

GE2015: Dr Chee Soon Juan

Special thanks for Mr Tay Bee Pin for portraying this great man in the greatest possible way.  This video gives you a little sneak peek of what life is like behind the man of steel.  I liken Dr Chee as a bop bag (those inflatable toy with weighted base).  He is one who bounce back immediately at people's punches. Over the years, one can see how he will always fight for what he believes in.  With a PhD, I do not believe he cannot find a job anywhere in the corporate world but he chose to stay and fight. I can almost see him stand on the hill and cry out "Let my people go!!!" (think Prince of Egypt).

So much has been said about Dr Chee but I would like to draw your attention to Mdm Huang Chih Mei. She has taken the entire marriage vow to a whole new level.  She could have pack her bags and leave when her husband got in and out of prison but she chose to stay by her man. She could have ask for a divorce when many started to label Dr Chee as a lunatic but she chose to stay. A PhD holder herself, she could have been top of the corporate ladder should she choose to venture out, but she chose to stay.

I had the opportunity of meeting Dr Chee and Mdm Huang a few years back. Well, Dr Chee almost always bring his whole family along whenever he has party meeting so it's not uncommon to see his family. I notice the kids were sitting quietly in a corner with their mum while Dr Chee would discuss issues. I heard some elderly say, to know how the father is....take a look at his children.  In that very short meeting, I saw so much in the man.

This election, I am hoping that the heavens be kind to Dr Chee and give him what he has so long been fighting for.

Check out Mdm Huang Chih Mei's blog here.


No comments:

Post a Comment