Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Rantings

I always thought I am the most altruistic person you can ever find on the surface of the earth but after knowing this person, I realize I am wrong.  Like everyone else, I expect something in return for every favor rendered.  OK...maybe for this person only.

When we were working together, I had no problems lending her money.  They are not big amounts, just small ones between S$150 - S$300. And she sat infront of me so it was easy to chase.  I used the word "chase" because she had never been on time in her repayment.  When she borrowed from me, she will say "I'll return you next week when I get my claims".  So I said ok.  When she got her claims, she will go on a shopping spree but I always choose to keep quiet.  3 days later, she will tell me she got bills to pay and will pay me on payday.  When it comes to payday, she will return.  And then 1 or 2 weeks later, the cycle repeats itself.  This happens until my last day with the company which she promises to return.  But on that day, she was on sick leave.  So I had to go back to the office specially to collect the $250 because after telling me twice that she will transfer the amount to my bank account, none of that happened.

After I left the company, she sent me messages asking me to help conduct some research for her bf's birthday party.  I assisted.  When I asked her for help with some Philippines information, she said she could because she has alot of contacts.  I trusted her because she is Filipino.  After chasing 3 times and waited 3 weeks for her respond.  I gave up chasing because I knew she will not be helping me.  So to return her favor, stopped helping her when she next I asked me to help her with some chinese food.  She sent me photos of the food asking me how to eat them but I didn't bother to respond.

Today, she sent me a text message with this:
"Anne, I'm sorry to ask y ou just that I don't have other option.  So just trying.  My EP renewal got rejected but now approved after 2 months appeal. I need to go back sg this weekend and will start work oct2. I'm so bankrupt due to longer Phil vacation.  My husband invoices will only be paid this oct15. Girl can you please let me borrow just S$150 for me to book our flight tickets and pay you back Oct15? You can just transfer it to my dbs account and I'll transfer back oct15.  Can you help me please?"

After I sent her a reply telling her I can't help.  She stop responding and I find it's kindda rude.  If she had been nicer, I would not have problems helping.  Frankly, what makes her think that I will help her now?  I hate chasing her again and I know Oct15 will never come true.  She will delay and because we are no longer working together, it'll be harder for me to get the S$150 back (learn from experience).  Also, I saw all her FB photos going shopping, buying gifts for friends and her son, going for drinking sessions...etc.  If she is so bankrupt, why splurge?? Once bitten, twice shy so I don't think I will trust her again.  It would be awesome if she can also delete me as her friend.  Because I seriously don't need this kind of friend.  I normally don't have this much complains toward a single person in a single day.  She tops the charts!

No comments:

Post a Comment