Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Great catch up with an old friend

Had a super belated birthday lunch with an old friend.  Reason for the belated lunch is because when she is free, I'm busy...when I'm free, she's somewhere around the globe.  The good thing is that I just found out she lives within walking distance from where I stay.  So there will be more catch ups until perhaps July when she goes back to States (yah, I know she is kiwi...but she grew up in States) prior to her move to errr.....was it Israel?

Anyway, these are the food we had....looks tiny but they are really filling!!  Brought her to Keystone because well...I was lazy.  Keystone is the only restaurant where I can put down the menu and say to the waitress "I'll let the chef decide".  See!  I don't even need to think of what to eat!


These are what we had:
  • Rosemary and Parmesan garlic charcoal bread
  • Georges bank sea scallop - Hummus Purée | Dehyrdated Cherry Tomato | Smoked Kurobuta Soil
  • 43° Salmon gravlax - Tat Soi | Smoked Cream | Arctic Char Caviar | Tarragon Pommery (+$5)
  • Autumn celeriac velouté - Mascarpone | Cipollini Onion Beignet | Lobster Concentrate 
  • Kurobuta steak frites - Dehyrdated Yukon & Cheese | Heirloom Vegetables | Mission Fig Ketchup 
  • Norwegian flat white - Chanterelle Fricassée | Smoked Berskshire Belly | Smoked Sea Urchin Foam (+$6)
  • "Our" sticky date - Butterscotch Fondue | Charcoal Tuile | Tonka Bean Parfait
  • Composition of fruits - Coconut Palm Sorbet | Sudachi Lime Curd | Peppered Tropics 
  • I had English breakfast tea and she had coffee (+$14)
Set lunch is at $38++.  Our total damage is $111.10.  Nice number to buy 4D! lol.  The sea scallop thingie wasn't on the lunch menu or was it part of the set lunch. I don't know how we got it...we just got it somehow.  As long as we didn't get charged for it, I wouldn't complain too much :)  Oh wait!  It's on the dinner menu!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment