Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

The deal is sealed

If not for my freaking $8K commission, I swear I wouldn't have treated this candidate so nicely!  I hate it when he ask millions of questions before agreeing to accept the offer.  And he doesn't ask all the questions at one go, he asked them on separate days.  First he said that he will let me know the answer on Thursday and then he said he can only let me know on Friday which of course he didn't.  On Monday, he came back and said that he is only accepting the offer and not the job.  WTF!!  So when I ask for one more reference as there is one guy I wasn't able to contact....he got the nerve to tell me that those two are the only reference he has and if those references are the bottleneck for my client to accept him, then he will go accept his other offers because (in his exact words) "I have many other offers waiting for me to accept!"  WTF WTF WTF!!!!  Luckily my client is ok with only one reference, else I will have to call his ex-bosses directly without having to go through him to get me the contacts.  When I told him that I have sent the reference check outcome to the client, he freaking ask me to give him an answer within one hour on what time he can go down to sign the offer in the next day!  (Shit him! My client need time to prepare the letter and it doesn't help that he was unwilling to send me soft copies of his certs as requested by the client...his reason - it is unsafe to send such things over the email -_-").  I was already at my limit.  If he pushes me any further, I would have just cancelled the deal and tell my client that the candidate is not interested anymore! I have to freaking control my temper and speak to him in the nicest possible way.  It's a good thing he signed on the dotted line today.  Case close!  I hope my other candidates are not like that!  Else, I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment