Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

History repeats

Just finish a Skype chat with my CEO.  He was asking about the responses of the increment (I just completed the increment exercise and also decided that their titles be changed to reflect their responsibilities).  It is our company policy that all increment to be set at 10%.  For exceptional performance, increment can go up to 15%.  My boss did suggest for a fixed percentage to be stated in the employment letter which I rejected because by stating the amount, it leaves little allowance for the company to make changes should the employee under perform.

Anyway, told him that the girls are not happy with their 10% increment, they felt they deserve more.  Frankly, I think 10% is a good amount. And guess what boss told me....he said that if they are not happy with their increment, they can leave, we won't stop them....and then he said that as the HR Manager, I should always be look out for good people ready to replace the girls.  -.-"  Not again....I don't wish to have to do the termination thing again. But seriously, we have the easiest environment to work in...as in, the bosses are never in.  Plus min 10% increment, AWS and variable bonus....why are people still complaining???

No comments:

Post a Comment