Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Updates on my friend's condition

Ok. Not that you are really interested but I thought a short update will be good....as a reminder to myself.

Some of you who followed my blog post would have remembered that some time back, I posted about a friend who was diagnosed with lung cancer. There are new updates....not very good ones though. In the 2 months (since his diagnosis), he had been fighting very very hard and had also been encouraging himself and all those around him about his battle. Sadly, in this short span of time, his cancer has spreaded to his brain, liver and stomach and he was given less than 12 months to live. Even with alternative treatments, his chances are only 50%.

Being a marathon runner, he hopes to complete his full marathon this Dec in less than 5 hours. I really admire his courage. Though we are not that close, I am praying for him and wishing him all the best from afar. His fighting spirit and positive outlook deserves my commendation.

Sometime, it takes situations around you to knock some sense into your head that if God can give, He can also take it away! So friends, treasure life and all those around you. You never know when you will be called home. Don't wait till its too late to show you care!

No comments:

Post a Comment