Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Interesting candie

Spoke to this candidate on 7 Oct to see if he is keen in a particular RF role.  Not the kindest candidate...quite rude and demanding, I should say.  He said he is interested and requested for a P1 Employment pass pay scale (ie. more than S$8000).  His last drawn basic salary was S$3200 and he has 1.5 yrs experience in my required skillsets.  I know that this little red dot is a playground for many foreign talents who are trying to enter the country but an almost S$5000 jump is way too much.  I had no choice but to delete his CV.  He can continue his dream somewhere else...certainly not with me. Please wake up and face reality!  Even my own countrymen don't get that kind of a salary jump!

And the story didn't end here....I received his sms....

7 Oct 2011, 9.09PM
Hello madam, just now u called me for that xxx position, kindly give me your email contact to send my updated resume and plz correct my expected salary category, its P2 not P1. Regards, S

(Name is hidden to protect the victim.  For those who are not familiar with the EP pay scale.  P2 is more than S$4000...which I still think it's too high considering the fact that he doesn't have adequate experience)

My respond: OK

9 Oct 2011, 3.47PM
Hello madam, It was nice talking to you on friday regarding xxx's engineer xxx position.  I went thru the job responsibilities and found a great match to the skills i posses.  I have been working at serangoon on behalf of my previous company for similiar projects with xxx.  Please have a look at my resume and pass me your personal email id to forward you my resume!  Please acknoeledge! Regards, S

10 Oct 2011, 1.08PM
Hello madam, Have you got my previous messages? I would really appreciate if u can respond :) Thanks S

10 Oct 2011, 4.43PM
My email id: xxxx @hotmail.com Thnx

My respond: Thanks. Will send tomorrow.  Not working today

Ok sure

11 Oct 2011, 2.54PM
Hello mam, Working today? Rgds S

My respond: Yes.  Please send your updated CV to xxx (provided him with our generic email) and our consultants will contact  you id we find any positions that suits your profile.  Thank you.

Thanks mam, can I know your good name please?  I want to be considered for engineer xxx position.  We have talked abt this position on friday if u remember! Thankyou once again.

My respond: Anyone of our consultants will call you once your profile fits any of our roles.  Thanks

Thks for your cooperation, i have sent my resume on the prescribed email address.

20 Oct 2011, 8.46AM
Hello Mam, Hope you are fine! I just wanted to know about my application's progress with xxx.  Thanks, S

My respond: The position has been closed.

I chose not to represent him because well....even if he got selected for the first interview, I doubt he can get pass hiring manager coz that's where the technical questioning comes in.  How to justify the jump in that kind of salary with only 1.5 yrs experience?  Singaporeans are not born stupid!!  We don't entertain your whims and fancies!  I didn't even bother to put him into the DB.  Waste my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment