Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sick on a weekend

The best way to spoil a weekend is to be sick!  Woke up yesterday feeling really oozy.  It must have been the seabreeze on Friday night that I caught the cold.  Suppose to have a champagne night at my place yesterday but some of them couldn't make it.  One had a birthday party that she forgotten (decided to let her enjoy her party instead of rushing down....I mean, birthdays is only once a year, stay over can happen anytime), another said her mum and maid wasn't back yet, yet another said was tired....so it's left with just me and another friend.  We decided to go ahead with the stayover.  But instead of champagne, we proceeded with movie marathon.  It's been quite a while since I had that kind of fun.  Maybe I should do it again real soon.  This time....with popcorn! Yup, the microwavable type.

If I have my own place, such parties will be very very frequent.  I remembered how I always have herbal soup and fried rice parties in my apartment back in Melbourne.  I love boiling herbal soup and I can't finish the entire pot, so I normally make my housemate drink it.  But when  I moved into a studio, I haven't got a housemate anymore...so I invited friends to my place :) Actually, my place was always an open house.  I didn't even bother to bring my keys back when I came home for summers.  I would either leave the keys and access card to one of my neighbours or a friend and then they can use the place for their parties.  I think my studio had the best location.  I mean, its right next to little italian where the night comes alive, 24 hours supermart, cinema, window facing a beautiful garden, gym on the first floor....the best place to have house parties :)  Nonetheless, condos in Singapore is way too expensive.....I am definitely not considering local property.

Anyway, there goes my JB seafood dinner tonight!  My stupid flu is forcing me to stay at home.  JB is not very far and it's just the 2 of us.  We can always go anytime.  I tried to tell him that I can meet him in Woodlands coz it's outrageous to drive down from Yew Tee to pick me up and then to Woodlands again.  But I guess men will always be men....NO is the answer :) Tried not to talk about work when I'm out with him not only because he is my client but also because it is one of the biggest account in my portfolio.  Don't want to mix personal with work and spoil both work relations and friendship.  And if you people are wondering, NOPE we are not dating.  We are just friends and I prefer to keep it that way.  Always good to have another friend than an enemy, yah?

Now back to my movies....before I do a bit of work and then family steamboat plus Man City vs Man U.  A good lazy Sunday.......

No comments:

Post a Comment