Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Picture Archives : Rows of chairs

Found some photos in my archives and thought I'd post it here for the amusement of my readers. I'll try to find some poems or inspirational notes to tag along with the pics. Enjoy the first of the series :)

Never did I feel a pull to your people
as I sat in straight rows of chairs,
absorbing the litany of my elders
as they passed judgment over you.

Never could I feel the pain
your people felt from the many
straight rows of words
that robbed you of your past,
your present, your future,
as they passed into law.

Never can I think of your people again
in our cold and linear way,
knowing that my reference has been
on a bias sloping downward,

Since I sat in and listened to
your circle of chairs
and heard from your own lips
your honest voices, without malice
and saw on the leaf strewn floor
the panorama of your spirit.

by TimJ

No comments:

Post a Comment